Monday, November 1, 2010

Enough of the talk, time to get working

So, after a weekend that left me feeling flustered and overwhelmed by the clutter in my house, I decided to get down to business tonight. So, I cleared off a counter in my kitchen. (Yes, there are 5 boxes of cereal there. Hy-Vee had a REALLY good deal going!)

I decided to tackle the table after the kids went to bed. It started out looking like this:


Am I the only one who piles up the stuff that just needs to go in the recycle bin? See that pile on the left? Out of that stack, after I pulled out the binder, this much of it went straight into the recycle bin.

Pretty soon the table was cleaned off, and I promise there wasn't any stashing and dashing in the process at all.

Next project? The PTA Pile that is beginning to take on a life of its own. It has stuff from last school year, the book fair, fun night, and more.

All right. Off to fold some laundry. Tonight there's only two baskets, compared to the 5-6 baskets I folded over the course of two evenings last week.

2 comments:

  1. You are NOT the only one who piles stuff up which really just needs recycling! I have two boxes of "to be shredded". Your table looks lovely! Color me both jealous and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    I too have tried and fell off Flylady's bandwagon, but haven't given up! You did a fantastic job here, love the pics! Keep at it and remember what's really important! Hope to read more of your stuff in the future.

    ReplyDelete